Why do online course prices always end with 7?
Have you noticed that most online course prices end in number 7? Why is that? Well, in today's episode we'll answer that question, plus we'll find out if it's ethical to use what is essentially a cheap psychological trick. And maybe a joke or two, as always.
- People aren't stupid, they know how much you're really charging
- It makes you look like every other course marketer
- Its use will not have a significant impact on your sales
- Its use may backfire and give an impression that you're not being honest (since many dishonest marketers use it)
Resources mentioned in this episode
- Article "Why Do Online Course Prices end in number 7?"
- Honest Guide to Ethically Marketing Your Online Course
- Studies on Psychological Pricing
- Psychological Pricing on Wikipedia
- Record your question & get it answered on the show!
- Leave a review on Apple Podcasts (link for Apple users)
- Subscribe to the Marketing Honestly Newsletter
Join Marketing Honestly Monday
Kick off your week with a fresh dose of hype-free marketing guidance
Want to start your own podcast?
This show uses Transistor.fm for pocast hosting and analytics. If you're interested in creating your own podcast, check out their guide.© 2020 Brightside Studios Inc.